Facebook has had a busy month, with all the pressure the platform is under from Google+ and Twitter here is a short list of changes they have carried out on their social media platform.
- like button added for Chrome. Like, recommend or share content with your friends from any site you visit with the Like plugin for Chrome.
- new IOS app 3.5 free from the app store. “iPhone makes it easy to stay connected and share information with friends. Use your iPhone to start a conversation with Chat, check your friends’ latest photos and status updates, look up a phone number, or upload your own mobile photos while on the go.”
- Friends List filters. “They have begun testing a slew of changes to the News Feed, including friend list filters and Smart Lists that automatically categorize your friends.”
- Introducing the subscribe button. You’ve always been subscribed to friends. Now you can hear from journalists, celebrities, political figures and other people too. Click the Subscribe button on someone’s profile to get their public updates in your News Feed.
- is reducing Email notifications. “We’re testing a feature for people who are very active and receive lots of email notifications from us. We’ll provide a new summary email and turn off most individual email notifications. If you want to turn them back on, there’s a control in your account settings.”
- View who shares your posts. “Now on your page you can “View all shares”.
- Need 25 likes to get a vanity URL Not anymore. “Now they no longer require you to have 25 Likes before you can get your username or vanity url!”
- Pages can no longer message fans! If you manage a page and like to use the feature that sends “Updates” to your fans you can’t anymore.. Sorry!!! Looks like Facebook is killing this feature for all pages as of September 30th.
Well that’s the list that I have found so far, I will keep posting more new data and updates on all the platforms if this is something readers want, let me know.
That’s it for now, hope you found the information and links helpful.
What do you think of the changes and are they making the platform better for its users, let me know?